Kinship Navigator provides help to family members raising children through the Kinship Caregiver Support Program.
Did you know?
- 7 million grandparents live with at least one grandchild under age 18
- 2.7 million of these grandparents are caregivers who take care of the basic needs of their grandchildren
- 1.7 million caregiving grandparents are still in the workforce
If you are a caregiver, we can help. The Kinship Navigator program helps caregivers:
- Navigate their way through government systems
- Gain information
- Receive support
- Locate resources
- Reduce or eliminate barriers
- Avoid costly crisis and emergency services
- Maintain family cohesiveness
If you are a grandparent raising a grandchild or relative raising a sibling, niece, nephew or cousin you could be eligible for Kinship Navigator services. Call 509.458.7450 for information.