At Frontier Behavioral Health we are celebrating recovery and the belief that no one should be defined by their mental health diagnosis.
Mental illness should no longer be something we think about in terms of maintenance over a lifetime but as a process of change in which people strive to achieve their full potential.
In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month, here are some thoughts about recovery from our amazing clients:
- "You need to find your own rainbow however hard the journey may be."
- "It means really living in the moment."
- "Recovery is making the choice to work on a large and difficult puzzle - coming back to it day after day, week after week, until you connect enough pieces to see the whole picture."
- "Learning to acknowledge that it is not the problem that weights me down, it's my perception."
- "Recovery means living life instead of just existing."
For more thoughts about recovery and to view artwork by our clients, click on this link
< Back to news