This team provides outpatient competency restoration to individuals who have been charged with misdemeanor and non-violent felony crimes and have been court ordered for restoration.
The team use the Breaking Barriers C.O.R.E. curriculum to provide classes on competency restoration. These classes address specific barriers to competency by assisting clients in gaining knowledge in the following:
- Courtroom knowledge and understanding
- Optimal symptom management
- Relaxation and coping skills
- Effective communication with attorneys and others in the court system
- Other supplemental treatment modules as needed.
OCRP will help the client secure needed resources and services to assist with staying in the community and reduce barriers to engagement within the program.